Our club championship is a great way to join other Dragons in races across the region and further afield. The current year’s races are listed below.
|Name||Points from best 5||Total points||Number of events||Group|
Club championship races
The 2019 club championship races are:
- January – Tatton 10K (Sunday 13th)
- February – Harewood House trail 10K or half marathon (Sunday 17th)
- March – Trafford 10K (Sunday 10th)
- April – Shakespeare half marathon or marathon (Sunday 28th)
- May – Liverpool Spring 10K (Sunday 5th)
- May – Wythenshawe Parkrun (Saturday 25th )
- June – Bowden 5K (Thursday 6th)
- July – Wizard 5 mile trail (Tuesday 9th)
- August – Blackpool run the lights 10K (Saturday 17th)
- September – Littleborough 10K (Sunday 29th)
- October – Manchester half marathon (Sunday 13th)
- November – Wilmslow festive 10K (Sunday 24th)
- December – Stockport 10 miles (Sunday 15th).
How it works
The Club championship runs from January to December.
The competition consists of six mixed sex groups comprising runners of similar ability. All current year club members go into a group at the start of the championship year based on their best 5K/Parkrun (or equivalent) time in the previous year (or the year before that if no races were entered in the previous year). Anyone with no race time is added to the group with the slowest times. Anyone joining the club once the championship has started is added to a group based on the same criteria.
Points are awarded for each race. Within each mixed sex group, the Dragon finishing highest placed in the race from that group gets 10 points, the second placed Dragon gets 9 points, third placed 8 points and so on. Where more than one distance is offered on the races page points are awarded for each distance.
You must complete a minimum of five races over the year to qualify for the championship. If you take part in more than five races your best five scores will count towards your overall score. You must have entered all the races as a member of Dragons Running Club (Sale).
The winner of the club championship is the person with the most points following the final race. If 2 or more members end the season on the same points then the winner is the person with the highest number of points overall. If there is still a tie the championship will be shared.
The club will publish a list of championship races at the start of the year – it is up to members to book themselves onto the races they wish to enter. Many races fill up early so please book on as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!