Race calendar and club championship
New for 2019, Dragon Running Club have identified races throughout the year that all members are invited to take part in (from 5Ks up to marathons, near and far). For some races the club will provide transport to and from the race. The races will form part of the new club championship.
The races are:
- January – Tatton 10K (Sunday 13th)
- February – Harewood House trail 10K or half marathon (Sunday 17th)
- March – Trafford 10K (Sunday 10th)
- April – Shakespeare half marathon or marathon (Sunday 28th)
- May – Liverpool Spring 10K (Sunday 5th)
- May – Wythenshawe Parkrun (Saturday 25th )
- June – Bowden 5K (Thursday 6th)
- July – Wizard 5 mile trail (Tuesday 9th)
- August – Blackpool run the lights 10K (Sunday 24th)
- September – Littleborough 10K (Sunday 29th)
- October – Manchester half marathon (Sunday 13th)
- November – Wilmslow festive 10K (Sunday 24th)
- December – Stockport 10 miles (Sunday 15th).
In addition there will be two fun races that Dragons can run together:
Trafford trails 5
The Trafford Trail 5 is organised by Dragons Running Club. Established in 2017, it is an easy going summertime 5-mile trail race. Starting at the Metroviks Rugby Club in Sale, the route meanders along the banks of the River Mersey, adventuring through woodlands and up into Stretford Meadows before returning to Sale along the river.
Further details are available on the Trafford Trails website.
The club also competes in the Manchester Area Cross Country League series. The races are normally held between October and February and are advertised on our Facebook page