All our runs are free and non-members are welcome to join us. If, after a month, you have enjoyed the experience and would like to continue to run with us, we ask that you become a member of the club.
Our annual membership fee is £20.00 of which £4.30 goes to the club and the remainder to England Athletics. The club is a ‘not for profit’ organisation, so all money is fed back into the club to support club organised events and activities. Membership runs from 1 April to 31 March (if you join between 1 January and 31 March and it is the first time you have joined an England Athletics affiliated club, your membership fee will run until 31 March the following year).
Membership is open to anyone aged 16 or older. A child aged 14 or 15 can run with a responsible adult as long as that adult supervises the child at all times.
Benefits of membership
As an England Athletics affiliated member you are entitled to a discount of £2 or more on all races under UK Athletics rules. You also get discounts on a number of goods and services.
As a Dragons Running Club member you also get
- To join us on us on our Tuesday and Thursday training runs led by a run leader
- Access to our members’ Facebook group to communicate with other members and to arrange informal runs
- Transport to selected races
- To join us at social events
- To vote at the club’s annual general meeting, influence the direction of the club and stand to join the club committee.