Our club championship is a great way to join other Dragons in races across the region. Members are divided into mixed sex groups comprising runners of similar ability. Races in the 2020 club championship are listed below. Some races fill up quickly so please enter as soon as possible.
- Sunday 5 January Hit the Trail 5 Miles
- Sunday 16 February Stockport Trail Half Marathon
- Sunday 12 April **CANCELLED** Hale Village 5 Miles
- Sunday 10 May **CANCELLED** Colshaw Hall 10K
- Sunday 31 May **CANCELLED** Crazy Cow 10K
- Thursday 11 June ***CANCELLED *** Dunham Massey 5K
- Wednesday 15 July ***CANCELLED***Alderley Edge Trail
- TBC September ***CANCELLED***Peak District Trail Autumn Series Race 1
- Sunday 11 October ***CANCELLED*** Wilmslow Half Marathon and 10K (re-scheduled from 15 March)
- Sunday 11 October ***CANCELLED***Manchester Half Marathon
- TBC November ***CANCELLED***Preston 10 Mile Road Race
- 27th December ***CANCELLED*** Ribble Valley 10K
Club championship table
The championship table after two events:
|Name||Points from best 5||Total points||Number of events||Group|
How it works
The Club championship runs from January to December.
The competition consists of mixed sex groups comprising runners of similar ability. All current year club members go into a group at the start of the championship year based on their best 5K/Parkrun or 10K time in the previous year (or the year before that if no races were entered in the previous year). Group membership for 2020 is shown here. Anyone with no race time will be added to a group once they get a 5K/Parkrun or 10K time during the current year. Anyone joining the club once the championship has started is added to a group based on the same criteria.
Points are awarded for each race. Within each mixed sex group, the Dragon finishing highest placed in the race from that group gets 10 points, the second placed Dragon gets 9 points, third placed 8 points and so on. Where more than one distance is offered on the races page points are awarded for each distance.
You must complete a minimum of five races over the year to qualify for the championship. If you take part in more than five races your best five scores will count towards your overall score. You must have entered all the races as a member of Dragons Running Club (Sale).
The winner of the club championship is the person with the most points following the final race. If 2 or more members end the season on the same points then the winner is the person with the highest number of points overall. If there is still a tie the championship will be shared.
The club will publish a list of championship races at the start of the year – it is up to members to book themselves onto the races they wish to enter. Many races fill up early so please book on as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!